The CTA takes its rules very seriously. It’s important to understand that these rules were written and adopted by a democratic vote by the members and altered and adopted at the AGM in 2018.
Association Rules and Regulations
The Regulatory Framework & Rules for Association Members can be divided into three sections for clarity.
- To uphold the tenets and integrity of the Association, to maintain a professional and reputable business at all times in line with running a legal and responsible business model.
- Promote and where responsible, the membership benefits of the Association.
- Report to the Association any products or sellers that may cause damage, harm or bring disrepute onto the industry.
- Ensure that all sellers of branded products adhere to the rules of the Association.
- Ensure all products meet the labelling criteria the Association requires and clearly states recommended dosage instructions.
- To inform the Association of any changes in product line up and to ensure labs are in place before offering for sale.
Business & Trade Sector
- Never knowingly engage in activities likely to bring the legal cannabis and hemp trade sector into disrepute.
- Hold valid and appropriate insurances in respect of public and employers’ liability and any other required insurances.
- Respect Intellectual Property and legal commercial agreements, including Trade Marks, Patents, Licences, Goodwill, and Distribution Agreements.
- Keep records of adverse effects and incidents involving any products you have manufactured, imported, or sold and where necessary notify the relevant authorities.
- Provide suitable warranties and guarantees consistent with prevailing consumer and sector related legislation.
- Ensure that all reasonable efforts are made to abide by the laws and regulations governing the manufacture, import, distribution, and sale of CBD products.
- Promote the responsible usage of cannabis derived products.
Product & Testing
- Take a positive and responsible attitude towards product information and latest information as it becomes available.
- Never knowingly sell or misrepresent counterfeit or substandard products.
- To allow any authorised member to request samples for testing at your own expense with an authorised testing facility.
- To provide samples for routine testing at suitable periods and to ensure those records are kept up to date.
- To reasonably ensure lab reports are available for all products and available on request to the public.
- To never knowingly sell CBD products to anyone under the age of 18, anyone purchasing on the behalf of an under 18 must be aware that products sold as food supplements, traditional herbal remedies or products with marketing authority have stipulated recommended doses.